By implementing design automation, engineer-to-order manufacturers can complete days of custom engineering in just minutes. Design automation also expedites and simplifies the creation of SolidWorks® software models, drawings, quote documents, manufacturing data—virtually any requirement of the custom sales process.
What is Design Automation?
The term Design Automation describes the process of speeding up repetitive and laborious tasks using software tools. In many organisations, such tasks are often found in the design department and can create production bottlenecks.
Capture and reuse design, manufacturing and cost estimation knowledge to deliver custom products faster and with greater accuracy, without using complex macros, design tables or configurations
Design Automation Features
Advanced Drawing Automation
Save time and boost product quality by automatically creating accurate manufacturing drawings.
- Control sheets, views, annotation text, annotation positions, layers, break lines and custom properties
- Generation reports provide complete audit trail of drawing values
- Save drawings out in additional file formats, such as PDF, JPEG, DWF and DWG
DriveWorks creates new copies of your master SOLIDWORKS® files and all changes are made to these files, saved into new locations based on your rules.
- Your master files are never modified or overwritten
- No risk of master data becoming corrupt
- Drawing references are always correct based on your rules
Automatically replace components in your SOLIDWORKS® assemblies with static parts from a library or dynamic replacements pre-driven by DriveWorks.
- Unlimited number of replacements
- Keep master models simple
- Add new replacement options easily
Intelligent Component Re-use
You control, with rules, if DriveWorks creates new SOLIDWORKS® files or re-uses existing ones.
- Use intelligent file naming to build a library of components
- Save generation time by using previously created models
- Quickly propagate design changes
Apply specific tasks to run during the creation of your new SOLIDWORKS® models, assemblies and drawings for complete over control how your new model is created.
- Toolbox of over 30 Generation Tasks
- Granular control of SOLIDWORKS automation
- Generative modelling with task looping
File Formats & Save Location
You have full control over the save location and folder structure of files created by DriveWorks. Automatically create any additional file format available in SOLIDWORKS®.
- You have complete control over file naming, use intelligent file naming to create a library of parts
- Save files exactly where you want them
- Create any additional file format available in SOLIDWORKS®
DriveWorks integrates with PDM Professional. Generated models, assemblies and drawings, as well as any additional file formats that have been created, can be automatically checked into the vault.
- Check in assemblies, parts and drawings as they are generated by DriveWorks
- DriveWorks always uses the latest master models and drawings in the PDM vault
- Delete files and folders from the vault using DriveWorks